About Me

My photo
A young and slightly ignorant woman who has always loved baking and cooking, I want to make people happy with food as often as I can. I'm here to whisk away and explore!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ladies Fall Kick Off!

Saturday's Fall event went great! Lots of people gave the Purple Door Bakery compliments and it was encouraging to feed so many people successfully. I feel as if I can actually DO this...
It was an uphill battle and I'm thankful it's over, but I'm super glad I was able to do it.


Because it was a volunteer shindig it was great to work with other people who also love baking and cooking. My mom and sister did a great job grating cheese, prepping salad, baking frittatas...Laura even helped me do all the hundreds of tarts we put out (in addition to all the wonderful photos she took.). We were so sick of mushrooms by the end of it! Also, a good friend of mine, Shannon, came early on Saturday to help as well. She was a life saver too! I couldn't have pulled off such a succesful catering endeavor without the help of everyone and I am very thankful.
The Menu:
Salmon Asparagus Frittata
Mushroom Onion Tarts
Mediterranean Salad
Autumn Gingerbread Cookies
Purple Himalayan Cupcakes
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes


We were even able to decorate the table to make it look festive and autumn themed. I'm so glad presentation is part of this. Making things look pretty is my favorite part of this job...



My favorite thing from this brunch: Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with white chocolate cream cheese frosting with chocolate chips and homemade candy pumpkin toppers.... :)

All in all, it was a very tasty and fun event!

No comments:

Post a Comment