About Me

My photo
A young and slightly ignorant woman who has always loved baking and cooking, I want to make people happy with food as often as I can. I'm here to whisk away and explore!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Getting a groove on.

I've been baking (in large quantities) since Wednesday. That's four days! I've baked four days in a row, but not stress baking like this. Things I have baked in the last four days:
-24 loaves of bread
-20 cheesy olive tomato focaccia.
-18 Red Velvet White Chocolate cupcakes decorated with baseballs and paw prints for the Paw Sox little league's end of year party.
-Half a dozen cherry filled Cream Cheese Red Velvet cupcakes
-A custom cake order. 14 inch blueberry cake with cherry cake and almond buttercream. It was decorated with a rippling American flag, the Navy ensigma, and the phrase "Go Navy!". It was for a going away party for a young man going into, you guessed it, the Navy.
-Half a dozen Earl Grey Citrus Cupcakes
-Dozen Chocolate Milkshake Cupcakes
-10 Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes
-62 Cranberry Orange mini Muffins

I've kinda gotten into my groove...my days have this wacky, but enjoyable pattern that I follow. It goes somewhat like this:
Wake up a little later than I had planned. Contemplate taking a shower, usually opt not to because I have woken up late. Check email quickly to make sure no one has ordered any more cakes or anything. Find myself surfing tumblr or facebook. Reprimand myself for wasting time on the internet. Run around getting errands done/dishes clean/ etc. Get started on the baked goods for the day. Quit at about 2 to stuff my face full of lunch. Continue baking. Quit at about 5 or 6 when I'm about 3/4 of the way through my baking and crash/sleep/render myself unconscious til just before dinner time around 8:00 or 8:30. Clean up the kitchen a bit, eat dinner, and finish the last of the baking, pack up and try to clean up again...usually ending around 11 or 12.
So I'm a little bit like a baking zombie! It's great. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment