About Me

My photo
A young and slightly ignorant woman who has always loved baking and cooking, I want to make people happy with food as often as I can. I'm here to whisk away and explore!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Duvall Plant Sale

The best time of the year!!! At least, it is for anyone living here in the Pacific Northwest. Winter is a dreary, wet, gray, soggy, ugly mess of a month in Seattle. So now that it's May and the sun is shining a bit more it's time for this gal to get baking!
At each change of the seasons I always get inspired. All of my spring and summer baking goals pop out of the woodwork from last year and I vow to bake something new every day. Of course, it doesn't always work that way...but you will see a bunch of baking projects I think!
May 12th our purple booth will be open at Duvall's Annual Plant Sale. Last year was a blast and everyone had fun and enjoyed the baked goods. I'm hoping this year will be even better. But you are all waiting for the menu so let's get that out of the way...

First things first...cupcakes! We have five flavors for sale this year instead of four.
Coconut Cream- everyone that eats one of these vows they are the best...and they are fun because they are filled with coconut custard. Filled cupcakes are always the best, don't you agree?
Orange Dream- This was a request from the little brother. He said they were a very spring themed garden cupcake. He has good taste...vanilla frosting, orange cake, filled with marmalade, topped with candied orange peel. I'm excited for these!
White Chocolate Raspberry- At first I wasn't going to add these to the menu. Until EVERYONE started asking me if I was going to be selling them. They are the most famous of PDB's cupcakes I think. And who wouldn't love em?
Chocolate Peanut Butter- Another returning favorite. These were the first to sell out last year.
Spiced Chai Latte- And to add to our "healthy" options, our vegan cupcake: spiced chai! You can't really tell he's vegan or healthy, though...just as tasty as the rest of the bunch.

We also are planning on selling
Mediterranean Focaccia: Olive oil bread, Parmesan cheese, kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes and tasty spices...
Pesto Rolls: Soft buttery crescent rolled with pesto...
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies: lots of people wanted gluten free options last year. We heard you! We are also selling Gluten Free Brownies.
Jumbo Decorated Sugar Cookies: For the kiddos! I'm planning on all sorts of shapes including dinosaurs, smiley faces, and flowers.

Plus Homemade Lemonade, Coffee, Water, and Tea. Go ahead and comment below. Anything you were hoping to see this year? I'm still deciding if we should have slices of pie available as well.

I'm super excited and I'm so glad my grandma and mom will be there helping as well. Three generations in the Bakery Booth. Doesn't get much better than that. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment